Just last night, Evanescence shared their brand new song, “Imperfection,” from their upcoming album Synthesis. Scheduled for release on November 10th, Synthesis is primarily made of Evanescence’s past songs, but rerecorded with a more symphonic and electronic sound. Today, Evanescence also offered up their first behind-the-scenes video from the making of Synthesis. In the background, you can hear a bit of “My Immortal” and “Lacrymosa” in their new forms.
Frontwoman Amy Lee, producer Will Hunt, and conductor/arranger David Campbell describe their vision for the album. They took inspiration from composers like Igor Stravinsky and Béla Bartók, who weren’t afraid to push the boundaries and experiment with sounds. Listen for “My Immortal” and “Lacrymosa” in the background. “Lacrymosa” in particular sounds stunning!
Synthesis features 16 tracks. In addition to the new songs “Imperfection” and “Hi-Lo” (the latter a leftover from the early Evanescence recording sessions of 2010), the album includes new versions of three Fallen tracks, three The Open Door songs, and five from Evanescence. See the full tracklist below.
- Never Go Back – from Evanescence
- My Heart Is Broken – from Evanescence
- Lacrymosa – from The Open Door
- The End Of The Dream – from Evanescence
- Bring Me To Life – from Fallen
- Unraveling (Interlude)
- Imaginary – from Fallen
- Secret Door – from Evanescence
- Lithium – from The Open Door
- Lost In Paradise – from Evanescence
- Your Star – from The Open Door
- My Immortal – from Fallen
- The In-Between (Piano Solo)
Catch up on all we know about Synthesis, and enjoy “Imperfection” and “Bring Me To Life” while we wait for November 10th to arrive. Also be sure to see Evanescence live. They’re touring North America from October through December, so check out tour dates and tickets before it’s too late! Keep checking back here for all the latest Evanescence music news.
Latest posts by Hidden Jams (see all)
- Lana Del Rey Teases New Song, “Happiness Is A Butterfly” - January 11, 2019
- Lana Del Rey Drops New Song, “hope is a dangerous thing…” - January 9, 2019
- Simple Plan’s Next Album Will Be “Phenomenal” - January 9, 2019