- Album Title: TBA
- Release Date: First half of 2018
- Label: Napalm Records
- Recording Dates: October 2016 - January 2017, some more in March - April and August - October 2017
- Status: Finished recording, finished mixing
- Possible Song Titles:
- "True Believer" (performed live in September 2017)
- "Don't Look Away" (performed live in September 2017)
- "Way Of The World" (mentioned in April 2015 interview)
- "Chaos" (mentioned in April 2015 interview)
- Expected Sound: Different from previous albums, rock, groove
- Expected Themes: Married life, family, personal issues, empowerment
- Producer: Matt Wallace
Hoobastank's 5th studio album, Fight Or Flight, came out on September 11, 2012. The band toured extensively in support of it, traveling around the world into late through early 2016. Between touring, the band starting writing and demoing songs in early 2014. By 2015, they had more song ideas than they'd ever had for a previous album. Of the 30 or so songs they were working on, singer Doug Robb mentioned two working titles: "Way Of The World" and "Chaos."
It wasn't until October and November 2016 that Hoobastank began officially recording the new album. They joined producer Matt Wallace, and were officially finished recording in January 2017. They did some additional studio time in March and April, and later spent most of August in the studio. They truly finished recording in September, with mixes finished in October 2017.
In September 2017, Hoobastank toured Japan. While there, they debuted two new songs live: "True Believer" and "Don't Look Away." The next month, they announced their signing with Napalm Records to release the new album in the first half of 2018. In just a few months, album #6 will be in our hands.