- Album Title: M A N I A
- Release Date: January 19, 2018
- Label: Island Records
- Recording Dates: Mid-2016-Present
- Status: Still recording in the studio as of August 2017, released two singles so far
- Lead Single: "Young And Menace," out April 27, 2017
- Second Single: "Champion," out June 22, 2017
- Third Single: "The Last Of The Real Ones," out September 14, 2017
- Expected Sound: Very different and experimental, normal instruments that don't sound normal, eclectic; a sort of restart; still sounds like Fall Out Boy; only one EDM song so far
- Expected Themes: Personal issues, success
- Songwriters & Collaborators: Patrick Stump, Pete Wentz, Joe Trohman, Andy Hurly; Jesse Shatkins; Jake Sinclair; The Dream
In January 2015, Fall Out Boy released their sixth studio album, American Beauty / American Psycho. In many ways, it was an extension of their Save Rock And Roll era, which brought Fall Out Boy out of their brief hiatus. Both albums found Fall Out Boy moving in a somewhat more pop direction, yet their core sound was still prominent. It allowed them more commercial success than they'd had with Folie á Deux, and singles like "Centuries," "Uma Thurman," and "Irresistible" were hits. But as the American Beauty / American Psycho era came to a close, Fall Out Boy did something they'd never done: They took a break.
2016 was a quiet year for the band. The only new material we got was an artsy short film called "Bloom" last September.
This April, Fall Out Boy was ready to getting things moving again. They released their first single, "Young And Menace," on April 27th. It came with news of their upcoming 7th album, M A N I A, then scheduled to be out September 15th, as well as a tour announcement. On June 22nd, Fall Out Boy released their second single, "Champion," followed by its music video a month later. In September, they released their third single, "The Last Of The Real Ones." M A N I A will include seven other songs.
On August 3rd, Fall Out Boy announced that M A N I A has been delayed until the new year. They are still recording, and need a little more time to make the album is good as it can be. The album will now be out on January 19, 2018.