- Album Title: M A N I A
- Release Date: September 15, 2017
- Label: Island Records
- Recording Dates: Mid-2016-Present
- Status: Recording in the studio, already released first single in April, second single out in June
- Lead Single: "Young And Menace," out April 27, 2017
- Second Single: "Champion," out June 22, 2017
- Expected Sound: Very different and experimental, normal instruments that don't sound normal, eclectic
- Expected Themes: Personal issues, success
- Songwriters: Patrick Stump, Pete Wentz, Joe Trohman, Andy Hurly
In January 2015, Fall Out Boy released their sixth studio album, American Beauty / American Psycho. In many ways, it was an extension of their Save Rock And Roll era, which brought Fall Out Boy out of their brief hiatus. Both albums found Fall Out Boy moving in a somewhat more pop direction, yet their core sound was still prominent. It allowed them more commercial success than they'd had with Folie á Deux, and singles like "Centuries," "Uma Thurman," and "Irresistible" were hits. But as the American Beauty / American Psycho era came to a close, Fall Out Boy did something they'd never done: They took a break.
2016 was a quiet year for the band. The only new material we got was an artsy short film called "Bloom" last September.
This April, Fall Out Boy was ready to getting things moving again. They released their first single, "Young And Menace," on April 27th. It came with news of their upcoming 7th album, M A N I A, out on September 15th, and a tour announcement. On June 22nd, Fall Out Boy released their second single, "Champion." M A N I A will include eight other songs.