Evanescence is amazing. But some of you may have missed the band’s initial heyday in the mid-2000s. Their biggest hit is their heart-wrenching ballad, “My Immortal,” but you’ll recognize songs like “Bring Me To Life” and “Call Me When You’re Sober,” too. After releasing Fallen in 2003 and The Open Door in 2006, it was five years before the band released Evanescence. The group also just released all three albums – plus their demos record, Origin – on vinyl earlier this year. Even more exciting, this fall Evanescence will put out their first new album in six years.
So to get us ready for this highly anticipated new album, let’s take a step back and appreciate all the Evanescence songs we have already. In case you’re new to the band, this is a great first taste of their lovely music. Listen to these 20 songs – singles, album tracks, and rarities alike – spanning the band’s three albums.
From their major label debut album, Fallen:
- “Bring Me To Life”
- “Everybody’s Fool”
- “My Immortal”
From their 2006 follow-up, The Open Door:
- “Call Me When You’re Sober”
- “Snow White Queen”
- “All That I’m Living For”
- “Good Enough”
From their 2011 self-titled third record:
- “Lost In Paradise”
- “The Change”
- “Say You Will”
- “Secret Door”
Extra songs from their demo album Origin and b-sides from Fallen and The Open Door:
- “Where Will You Go” (from Origin)
- “Farther Away” (b-side for “Bring Me To Life” single, also performed live on Anywhere But Home)
- “Breathe No More” (leftover from Fallen, performed live on Anywhere But Home)
- “Missing” (leftover from Fallen, studio version released on Anywhere But Home)
- “The Last Song I’m Wasting On You” (b-side for “Lithium” single)
What do you think of these 20 songs? Any tracks we should have included instead? Let us know in the comments below.
If you liked those (but of course you did), be sure to delve into their full albums. They also have plenty of excellent rarities you’ll need to hear, spanning from the band’s origins through 2016. Frontwoman Amy Lee has also released some impressive solo work in the last few years.
And in case that wasn’t enough, get ready for some new music from the band! The next Evanescence album is scheduled to come out later this year. So far, Amy Lee has kept specific details a secret, but she promises to reveal all in the coming weeks. What we do know is that the new album, out this fall, will be very different and even a bit unexpected.
Keep checking back here for all the latest Evanescence music news, as well as more introductory playlists for a range of bands and singers. We also offer plenty of other blogs, playlists, news stories, and in-depth looks at albums and songs.
Latest posts by Hidden Jams (see all)
- Hear “Fire” From Sara Bareilles’s Upcoming Album, ‘Amidst The Chaos’ - February 14, 2019
- New Avril Lavigne Songs Leak: Hear “In Touch,” “Don’t Stop,” & More - February 14, 2019
- Tons Of Hilary Duff ‘This Heart’ Songs Just Leaked! - February 13, 2019